Assume we have a way to add Flagpole specific information to each user. Don’t worry how it is created.
Here is how to update user specific information:
- Login with an administrator level account. Generally, this is the “info” account.
- Go to the editing dashboard – http://www.flagpolephotographers.com/wp-admin/
- Go to the “Users” area – generally about halfway down the left hand side menu – http://www.flagpolephotographers.com/wp-admin/users.php
- Click on the name of any user
- Scroll down towards the bottom and look for the description of the field to change.
Today there are two choices:
- Do you want to be emailed photographic services requests? (click here)
- Has the user paid annual dues? (click here)
- Read the comments to understand more.
Warning: generally, if this is first time adding the information for a user you may need to click on the (click here) to make the checkbox visible.
Details on “Has the user paid annual dues? (click here)”
- There is no history tracking, for example, did the user pay last year. It is a simple statement that the user has paid.
- Every September we need to reset the status to “un-checked” meaning they have not paid
- When marking someone paid/unpaid – please change their role:
- Role of Mailing list – non-paying users
- Role of Subscriber – user has paid
- Editor – reserved for board members – they need to pay as well