This hands-on workshop is a great way to boost your photography skills while capturing photos of historic Newtown and Sandy Hook. Work side-by-side with award winning photographers for the entire session. The morning will start with an outdoor session in Newtown, then move a few miles to an outdoor session in Sandy Hook. After lunch, we will move indoors and focus on digital darkroom skills enhancing this morning’s photos for printing and social media.
Simply use our Questions form to let us know you will be attending.
- Free for members
- $25 for non-members. Bonus – this $25 includes membership for the rest of current season, which ends August 31, 2018
- 8:50 am – Meet at The Pleasance in Newtown, 1 Main Street, Newtown, CT (map below)
- 9:00 – While taking photos, focus on fundamentals, holding camera steady, composition, moving for different angles/different heights/different distances
- 9:30 – Learn about changing how much of the scene should and can be in focus, and how this changes composition options
- 10:00 – Break and drive 2 miles to downtown Sandy Hook, 7 Glen Rd, Sandy Hook, CT (map below)
- 10:30 – Learn about capturing motion, freezing motion, blurring motion, whatever is appropriate for the scene
- 11:00 – Learn how to combine creativity, composition, focus depth and motion to create better photos with a special activity
- Noon – Lunch on your own in Sandy Hook area
- 1:00 – Drive 0.5 miles to Newtown Senior Center, 14 Riverside Rd, Sandy Hook, CT (map below) and move indoors. Select 3 photos to share and then watch and learn while they are edited by instructors in a roundtable like setting
- 2:30 – Finished
If the weather is bad the workshop will move inside the Newtown Senior Center