Happy New Year Everyone!
Winter has definitely arrived in Connecticut! Good news is the forecast is calling for above freezing at our program night on Thursday, Jan 11.
- Jan 11, 7:30 pm, Thursday – Bring Your Own Camera Questions Round Table
- Jan 25, 7:15 pm, Thursday – “Photojournalism” Competition. Photos should appear to meet Photographic Society of America (PSA) Photojournalism rules:
- Photojournalism images shall consist of pictures or sequences with informative content and emotional impact, including human interest, documentary and spot news.
- The journalistic value of the photograph shall be considered over pictorial quality.
- In the interest of credibility, photographs which misrepresent the truth, such as manipulation to alter the subject matter, or situations which are set up for the purpose of photography, are unacceptable in Photojournalism.
In the news
- 2017 Holiday Party, food, conversation, more food. Click here to view photos and videos.
- Uploading photos for our Members Personal Galleries page is back up and running. Login, and go to our normal upload directions page. Then, click on “Click here to upload photos”, then choose Personal Gallery. A few notes
- Personal Gallery photos are not required to have a title. If there is a title, it will be displayed near the bottom of the photo.
- There are no age or size restrictions, however you will receive warnings for photos that are small or do not use color space sRGB.
- You can drag and drop up to 10 photos at once. They will all have the same title initially, you can change the title after uploading.
- After a photo is uploaded you can 1) view it larger, 2) edit the title, 3) delete the photo.
- If you don’t have a gallery, one is instantly created as soon as you upload your first photo.
- If you already had a gallery, your old photos have been migrated to the new galleries. However, most titles were lost.
- Photos in a gallery are sorted with the last uploaded photo appearing first.
- Like competition, no matter what size photo you try to upload, it is automatically downsized to HDTV (1920 width, 1080 height). Today, only 700 pixel versions of your photos are displayed in the gallery. Future versions, will allow the gallery owner (you) to choose what size to display when people are viewing your gallery.
- Questions – email Info@FlagpolePhotographers.com
Read this email online at
To unsubscribe, reply to email@example.com with a subject of “Remove”