This page contains everything you need to know about entering your photographs and volunteering to make the Annual Competition and Exhibit a success. If you have any questions, email Rhonda@CCullens.com. For pubic information, like where and when, see 2016 Annual Competition Exhibit March 12 – April 7.
- Now – We are putting together an advertising poster and need photographs. See directions below.
- February 25 drop off – Thursday night at 7 pm, just before our February competition at the Newtown Senior Center, give your photographs to Rhonda Cullens.
Note: If you want to compete with a photograph that night, you may turn in that photo after the competition before you leave.
- March 11 hanging – Friday 11:00 Hang photos on the C.H. Booth Library walls
- March 13 reception – Sunday 11:30 (room setup), 12:30 (judging), 1:45 (food setup), 2:00 (public reception) 4:30 (cleanup)
- Please invite all of your family, friends and everyone else to the 2 pm public reception.
- March 18 People’s Choice results – Friday, the People’s Choice Ballots will be counted.
- April 7 take down and pick up – Thursday at 6:00, photos will be taken down. Members can either come to the library at this time to get their photos, or they may pick them up at the Bob Harrington workshop later that evening at the Senior Center.
- April 21 pick up – Thursday night, at our April competition night, members may pick up their photos if they haven’t already done so on the April 7th pick up.
The maximum is six photographs; three color and three monochrome. Follow our normal print competition guidelines (maximum size 16″ x 20″, matted or mounted, no frames …). Use plenty of strong glue/tape etc. to secure all layers, especially if double matted and/or using mounting board or foam core. Photographs will be hanging for four weeks and need to stay together!
At the bottom of each print will be a visible label that includes the title and photographer’s name. The name will be folded under when judging. Make sure there is no more than 1/2″ inch space between the top “title line” and the bottom “name line”. The labels should be no larger than 3″x 5″. Here are some templates you can use to print your labels. Printing template 8.5×11 – for the visible labels at the Annual Exhibit and Printing template 3×5 index card – for the visible labels at the Annual Exhibit. Also, there will be a supply of labels available at drop off.
Providing digital versions for advertising posters and web
We need digital versions of some of your photographs for our advertising posters that will be displayed around town. Also, we will use some of the digital versions on the web page about the exhibit. Click here to upload your photographs – choose “2016” and “Annual show”.
- Judges’ Best in Show
- Dave Kriger Nature Award
- Jeannette Talarino Flower Award
- Bruce Allen Open Print Award
- Color Open – First, Second, Third place and 2 Honorable Mentions
- Monochrome Open – First, Second, Third place and 2 Honorable Mentions
- People’s Choice – Voted on by those visiting the exhibit
Let us know if you’d like to help!
- Set up the room for the reception
- Bring food, beverages, or supplies for the reception – Contact Lucy with any questions firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-836-0271
- Clean up after the reception
- Take down of photos